Editing took us quite a long time as we couldn’t decide what music to put in. We originally wanted something with church music and a choir, however we decided that it would not fit as it would be too heavy and disturbing. Therefore we used a piano piece which is more mellow and light-hearted for the family walk on the beach.
We filmed the on the camera from start to finish in the order of our film opening so it was easy to pick out the files and use them in the right order instead of having to search for them and put them in the order we wanted. I found the program ‘Adobe Premier Pro’ easy to use so it was not too difficult putting the files in the right places and cutting them where necessary.
After we had put all of the clips together, we then had to add the music and sound effects. We had chosen the piano piece which was easy enough to add in on its own separate layer and we introduced it in where we wanted and faded it out when the kidnapping approached to then be able to introduce the ambience and the sound effects. Adding these sounds once we had found them was not difficult. I played the sequence and decided where they should go and then inserted them. To check they were in the correct place, I played the sequence back again and changed the position if I thought it was slightly out. Once I had decided that it was position correctly, I then faded them in and out where necessary and also increased or decreased the level of sound in order for them to fit in with the other music.
Editing all went smoothly and there were no problems or errors. The only thing I found difficult was trying to level out the sounds so they all fitted together nicely and one sound did not drown out the other. I watched what we had put together over and over again to ensure there was nothing wrong and make sure everything went together well. Adding the titles was the last thing that there was to do. I already knew what font that I was going to use so all I had to do was decided where to put them and how big they were going to be. This was also easy as the programme has a separate option box for the titles which made it very simple.